Friday, June 1, 2007

Friday June 9, 1961

Today was "Sacred Heart of Jesus" for the Catholics.
In the afternoon today we had our gymnastics test. I wasn't able to do my exercises so I think the teacher gave me a failing grade.
"Egyptian" (I recall a fellow student who went by the nick name "Egyptian". I can't remember who he was. Maybe later in the diary it will come back to me. Most students had nicknames. I remember some of the names :"lady","the nun", "pig". ) gave me some stamps from his stamp collection in return for some stamps from mine.
Tomorrow there's going to be a big celebration in honor of Luis de Camoes.

He was one of Portugal's most famous poets. So the day is a holiday and we are off from school.
There is suppose to be a parade of soldiers. I don't care about it.
It gives me more time to catch up with my maths.
We are going to have our composition test on Monday. But I don't need to prepare for anything.

No comments: